Tuesday 2 October 2012

Lemon and Pecan Cake



Today’s cake was another recipe from the Great British Bake Off cookbook-Lemon and Pecan Celebration cake, except I didn’t bother with the marzipan or fancy icing so I guess it’s not really a celebration cake any more. I also made a mistake with the recipe and added too much lemon juice so had to add more and more flour to bring the consistency back to normal. The result was, unsurprisingly, a cake that tastes like it has a lot of flour in it. The lemon and pecan flavours still come through strong though and taste delicious together. The lemon curd in the middle also adds an extra lemony burst. I’ll have to try this one again though, actually following the recipe properly, before I decide if it needs any alterations or not.




No comments:

Post a Comment