Thursday 18 October 2012

Testing out the bread maker

In the world of baking, is using a bread maker classed as cheating? I'm not sure, but if it is, at least I'm admitting to it upfront ...unlike Lance. 
There are 18 pages of recipes in the bread maker instruction booklet. It might take me a while, but I've started to work my way through them. So far I've made Spicy Fruit Loaf, Apricot and Almond Loaf and Sundried Tomato Bread. The Spicy Fruit Loaf wasn't really that spicy, so I’d add more spices next time (still, it disappeared so quickly I didn't have time to take a photo, so it must have tasted OK). The Apricot and Almond Loaf and the Sundried Tomato Bread both worked well, although again I think they could have had a bit more flavour so would add more almonds/tomatoes in future.  Next up I think I’ll try the Honey and Sunflower Loaf and the Maple and Pecan Nut Loaf.

Apricot and Almond Loaf 

Sundried Tomato Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment