Friday 18 January 2013

Crunchy Muesli Cookies



The recipe for these cookies came from a cookbook called ‘Cupcakes & Cookies’ which I was given as a leaving present from my friends in Liverpool. I made a few alterations to the recipe mainly due to what I had in the cupboard but the next time I make them, I’ll do the same again as they turned out delicious. To make them look a bit neater though, I would chop the dried fruit and nuts up into smaller pieces.  

Ingredients
90g rolled oats
150g wholewheat plain flour
125g caster sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
35g sultanas
55g chopped dried apricots
70g chopped hazelnuts
125g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda

Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Combine all dry ingredients. Melt butter and golden syrup. Pour into dry ingredients and mix. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls, flatten slightly with hands and place on baking tray 5cm apart. Bake for 20mins, cool cookies on tray.

Oh and this is the first time I've used my beautiful new cake stand which was a Christmas present, thanks Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment